RE: The Psychology of Minecraft

EDIT: I am done screwing around with Blogger's Youtube embedding. Nothing I do can make this look right on Safari. Then again, it's Safari, so I can't entirely blame Blogger. The video is here. Pretend it was embedded into the page in an easy-to-access way.

Just a quick addendum. I don't know about you, but when I get up in the morning one of the first things I think is "I will make a 1:1 scale model of the Starship Enterprise in a video game."

Proving once again that well-adjusted human beings are still capable of achieving logic-defying levels of insanity. The amount of work that went into this structure is probably comparable to constructing the actual Starship Enterprise. Oh, Minecraft. We love you.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's a very special sort of insanity.

    This is a sort of fun and amusing review of MineCraft, if you're interested. There's a bit of crude humor, though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=exm4UYd-LHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly nerdier than the starship enterprise is the guy who made an ALU (Arithmetic logic unit) in MineCraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug

    He's eventually going to build the rest of the computer, probably so he can run MineCraft, in MineCraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one afraid that Minecraft will become sentient as soon as someone builds a neuron or a Borg Ship?

    I used to subscribe to the theory that self awareness was reserved for biological organisms, but what if we build them in Minecraft?

    I will be sitting in my basement with a tin foil hat on. Let me know when John Connor gets here.

    ReplyDelete